Bentonite clay, is considered by many as a healing clay and has been widely used. When applied to the skin, it is thought to absorbs toxins and poisons that get trapped in the skin. The clay typically originates from the mountainous Wyoming region and mined directly from the earth. It’s coloring can range from light gray to off-white with little to no odor. It’s filled with minerals and is considered by many to have a shelf life of 4-5 years. It is important to note that Bentonite clay is not suitable for ingestion.